Saturday, 27 October 2012

How do you know?



We live in a world where people’s mindset is set on two major factors, religion and science.
The way our lives are lived are rather dependent on theories conjured by those other than ourselves, the youth are the major ones impacted by theses outside forces.
So the question that I am challenging you with today is how do you know that you are living your life the way that you think that you should?
How do you know that the life making decision you are making is entirely for your benefit? Or are you the type of person aspiring to impact the greater good?
These are the questions more people should be asking themselves.
Over the past year, I have started University younger than most of my peers so I felt that the change would have affected me more than it affected them.
The change made me question myself and my beliefs.
I have always been one to believe that if something was meant to happen, it just would, at the Universe’s will, God’s will, or whatever supernatural Bigger-than-Us force that could be out there. However that always made the line where one should step in to make changes rather blurry and being an engineering student seems to counteract my beliefs because my peers and my course encourage me to think more logically than wistfully. Despite this, I have tried experimenting with both sides of the spectrum, mastering my own fate and leaving my fate up to the universe.

I have to say that when it comes to leaving your fate to the gods, you tend to sleep better at night. It is easier to be at peace with something you feel you have no control over.
However, I feel like it can also make one weak, lazy even, to aspire for more than they think that they could. Giving up, when it feels like the Universe is saying “no”.
Believing that misfortune is part of God’s plan or the Universe’s will.
Continuously settling can drown out one’s ambitions.
However, if you think about it, it is a rather irresponsible way to look at your life, because at the end of the day, when you are unsatisfied with the life that you have lived, you will have no one to blame but yourself, don’t you think?
Mastering your own fate is tricky though. However, it is a more scientific way to look at your fate, if you are open minded enough to believe in fate.
I feel like the go-getters in life are the ones who work the hardest at mastering their own fate.
The only problem with attempting to master your own fate, is knowing when to give up, knowing the difference between being on the right path and simply chasing pavements.
How many times have we seen someone chase after a dream that they could simply never have?

This is why I’m asking you how do you know?
Fate is a tricky thing.
I am sure most of you have read about Malala.
For those of you who haven’t, I shall elaborate.
Malala is a 14 year old Muslim residing in Pakistan.
Personally, I view her as the unofficial spokesperson of female education in Pakistan.
She fights for her right to be educated and has so far won the only Nobel Peace prize that Pakistan has ever received.
She is mastering her own fate instead of accepting the fate that the Taliban would enforce upon her.
Her explanation on fighting was she would want to have a reasonable answer when Allah asked her what her excuse was for not fighting for what she wanted, what was right. 

After reading Malala’s story, my own decisions on my beliefs were made.
I think that the most influential people, who at the same time have lived their lives well, are the ones who have worked like their fate is completely dependent on themselves, while believing that their fate was in the hands of a force greater than themselves, a force that has a plan that’s bigger than the ones that they have.
Malala never let any external force but her belief’s drive her to doing what she wants, yet she does so while believing that it was what Allah had intended for her.
That’s how I think that you know, when the fate you work hard at mastering is worth fighting for and when you have enough faith to believe that the universe will deliver it.
When you feel like even if you walk away from your dream because you have tried your utter best, when you know in your heart that this dream is no longer yours, you shall find a bigger and better dream that was always meant for you or the Universe will show you that your dream was always the intended dream.

Thing is with believing in the Universe's will, is acknowledging that it may not always give you what you want, they way you want it, however it will always work to get what is best for you.
I think that your fate will always end up being a combination on how far you will go to master it and how willing you are to acknowledge what was always meant to be yours.

Written by a thinker


1 comment:

  1. Right, Malala doesn't have her Nobel peace prize yet, she was just nominated :)
    Still a pretty big deal.

    ReplyDelete