Sunday, 28 October 2012

Other People’s Opinions

As a young person, I have always been encouraged not to care about other people's views of me, but lately, that thought process has been called into questioning.
I recently read “The Secret” and it got me thinking, if our thoughts make up our own universe, who’s to say that someone else’s can’t influence your universe?
Think about it, our friends, our families and even our enemies are components of our world.
How we view them, how we feel about them and how we treat them do from time to time cross our minds.

Who’s to say that we don’t influence them with the power of our thoughts?
Who’s to say that our opinions have no power?
I’m not saying that someone else’s opinion can influence your whole life, there are so many real life cases that prove me wrong, but who’s to say that they don’t influence the parts of your life that you agree on?
Isn't this why positive things happen when you are around positive people?
Because not one person’s thoughts but two are emitting positive things into the universe for you.
I mean 2 are better than one, right?
So I think that in certain aspects, people’s opinions of you do matter.
You need to choose how you want the world to see you and act on that.
Because those small opinions that they have of you, the parts you are in sync with that can be key factors in how your world can be.
The more positivity there is, the greater the force you are emitting.
Let’s say you are not a believer in the Secret, I’d like to share with you why I still think that other people’s opinions are important.
Your actions make up who you are.
Don’t you agree?
You postpone cleaning your room therefore you are most likely to postpone doing the majority of things in your life, and without realizing it you may even postpone your future success or happiness.
I’m not saying that you should walk around continuously trying to please people or prove to them that you are worth something because some of the greatest scientists in history were seen as crazy until proven right.
But in actuality, we all need somebody to believe in us.
I think that just one other person’s faith can make all the difference in your life.
So watch the people you surround yourself with and try and make sure that they see you the way you want to be seen, because with those actions, you are a step closer to becoming who you want to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment